• TDS on sale of property: Address of deductor on form 26QB & 16B

I am in the process of buying a property from a builder and recently deducted TDS of 1% on both the instalments paid to the builder as property cost is more than 50 lacs. My currently address is different from the the address mentioned against PAN card/Aadhar Card. As i have address proof (landline bill) for the current address, i mentioned the current address while buying the property.
I had updated the current address(in profile) on website tdscpc.gov.in before filing form 26QB and had also mentioned the current address in form 26QB which was filed yesterday only. Will form form 16B be generated with my current address or the address mentioned against my pan card ? In case form 16B is generated with the address as mentioned on pan card(different from the current address), will it be a problem to builder while accepting the same?
Asked 4 years ago in Income Tax

Dear Sir,

It will be generated against current address. Please amend the address in PAN database. If against PAN address still there is no problem to the builder.


Vivek Kumar Arora
CA, Delhi
4493 Answers
621 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


Hope you are doing well !

The address in Form 16 will be your current address.

If form 16B is generated with the old address, still there is no problem to the builder.

For future , please update your current address in PAN.

Thanks & Regards,

Payal Chhajed

Payal Chhajed
CA, Mumbai
5175 Answers
244 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


Form 16 should be generated with the current address mentioned in Form 26 QB. Please keep your PAN updated with current address.

Such change in address shall not be an issue in this case.

Lakshita Bhandari
CA, Mumbai
5660 Answers
817 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

I think there should be No issue with address as watever tds you deducted will be reflected on his 26AS and he will be able to take the credit of same.

Even if builder raise any question you can put this point of claiming the tds.

Swati Agrawal
CA, Mumbai
1146 Answers
7 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Generally address doesn't matter in income tax, if Name, PAN of builder and Amount are correctly mentioned.

So you should not be worry.

Varun Chawla
CA, Ghaziabad
74 Answers
1 Consultation

5.0 on 5.0

It is irrelvant whether form 16B is issued from your current address or PAN address.

Abhishek Dugar
CA, Mumbai
3576 Answers
183 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

There should not be any issue because of this difference in address.

Nikhil Khanna
CA, Mumbai
1429 Answers
19 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Dont worry, There will be no issue reagrding the change in adress. The main thing is PAN/TAn Number so that one can claim the refund or adjust against tax liablity at the time of Filling the return.

Deepak Rathore
CA, New Delhi
32 Answers
5 Consultations

4.3 on 5.0

Form 16B will be generated by the current address submitted by you. & it wont be any problem for builder.

Chirag Maru
CA, Raipur
210 Answers

5.0 on 5.0

There should not be any problem even in case the addresses are different.

Sanket Suresh Shah
CA, Mumbai
29 Answers

5.0 on 5.0


Address is not a problem. The most important part is the PAN number. That has to be stated correctly for both the parties.

Trust this clarifies your query.

Feel free to call / get back in case of further clarifications.

Thanking You.


Rohit R Sharma


Rohit R Sharma
CA, Mumbai
2104 Answers
95 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Chartered Accountant

Get tax answers from top-rated CAs in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a CA