• CGEGIS (Central Government Group Insurance Scheme) under which section

Hi, I am a retired employee of Central Government and i received the lumpsum GIS amount this year.Under which section should i declare this income while filing tax? is it under section 10(D)?

If so i am not able to see that option when filing, what do you suggest to do?
Asked 3 months ago in Income Tax from Bangalore, Karnataka

Dear Sir,


Hope you are doing well !!


Yes, it is tax-exempt u/s. 10(10D) of IT act, 1961.

You can declare the same under exempt income while filing ITR.


Payal Chhajed
CA, Mumbai
2853 Answers
39 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


Yes, it is exempt u/s. 10(10D). You can show it under exempt income while filing your return.

I hope this answer satisfies your requirement.



CA Hunny Badlani

Badlani & Associates

Hunny Badlani
CA, Neemuch
794 Answers
1 Consultation

5.0 on 5.0

Yes it's exempt under section 10(10D).

You need to show it under exempt income in your income tax return.

If you need any assistance in filing ITR feel free to contact.

Hope you find the information helpful if you do please rate it 5 and provide your valuable feedback for my improvement.

Thank you


Naman Maloo
CA, Jaipur
1981 Answers
17 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Sorry but i dont have any idea about it

Vishrut Rajesh Shah
CA, Ahmedabad
697 Answers
15 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hello Sir,


Yes, it is covered under section 10(D).


It is exempt income and you should declare it under the head income from exempt income while filing ITR.



Karishma Chhajer
CA, Jodhpur
1286 Answers
7 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0



Yes,Its exempt under 10(10D).

Declare it while filling Income tax return ,under Exempted Income head.



Hope it helps

Swati Agrawal
CA, Mumbai
1146 Answers
6 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Chartered Accountant

Get tax answers from top-rated CAs in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a CA