My shop was given for rent. They have given first month rent. Rent 42,000/- they have deducted 4200/- towards TDS in the month of March 2016. So far they have not paid to income tax dep. I donot think they will not pay. Second month onwards they are not paying rent.
Property is in Andhra Pradesh
Party is from hyderabad.
I have given my pan number. They have not given their tan number even after request from my side.
I request to suggest what I have to do?
Asked 2 years ago in Income Tax from Vizianagaram, Andhra Pradesh
It's not a tax related question. You should consider taking legal action and approach a lawyer.

Thanks and Regards
CA Abhishek Dugar
Abhishek Dugar
CA, Mumbai
2944 Answers
125 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Sir it is better that you follow up with them and get the cash of Rs.4200 back from then. For 42000 upto March rent there is no need to deduct TDS .
Shyam Sunder Modani
CA, Hyderabad
1408 Answers
95 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Sir,

Considering the facts provided by you, it appears that your tenant is neither paying you rent not has deposited your TDS component. 

It is advised to serve him a Legal Notice demanding your rent with the amount of TDS and then make the Tax payment yourself. 

Trust this clarifies your query. 

Please feel free to call/ get back in case of any further clarifications. 

Thanking You. 

Rohit R Sharma
Rohit R Sharma
CA, Mumbai
2104 Answers
91 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Chartered Accountant

Get tax answers from top-rated CAs in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a CA