• Jurisdiction

Hi all,
For an NRI, how shall the jurisdiction be decided? If NRI has no address in India, what should he do, while filling ward no etc in return?
Asked 3 years ago in Income Tax from Perth, Haryana
If you have taxable income in India , you will be taxed in India . If you do not have any address in India , you can be taxed through a representative assessee .  In this case the address of the representative assessee will determine the jurisdiction .
Prakash Sinha
CA, New Delhi Area, India
120 Answers
16 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

The jurisdiction normally will be with the International Taxation section.
B Vijaya Kumar
CA, Hyderabad
845 Answers
48 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

First of all you will be assessed in International Taxation wing of the Income Tax department.

If you are having Income in India then you will be taxed here. If you are not having address in India then you need to give representative Assessee Address . 

Shyam Sunder Modani
CA, Hyderabad
1408 Answers
95 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Chartered Accountant

Get tax answers from top-rated CAs in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a CA