• Which ITR form?

I received capital receipt for penalty payment from a builder and TDS was deducted on that, I understand that this does not form part of my income. I am an NRI.
Question: Which ITR form should I be using to claim this TDS back from government? Is it ITR1?
Asked 3 years ago in Income Tax from Perth, Haryana
As per my view you need to file ITR 1.
Shyam Sunder Modani
CA, Hyderabad
1408 Answers
95 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

I understand that this refund is paid on the excess money taken at the time of purchase of proeprty.  if it is so than no tax is payable. you can file itr 1 and claim it back under excess tax deducted under ifos.

But if fact differ than answer may change accoridngly
Vishrut Rajesh Shah
CA, Ahmedabad
605 Answers
10 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Pl use ITR 2.
B Vijaya Kumar
CA, Hyderabad
845 Answers
48 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Chartered Accountant

Get tax answers from top-rated CAs in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a CA