• As commission am getting from foreign country

As commission am getting from usa as an individual is there any gst applicable for that commission pls guide me if any
Asked 3 years ago in GST



Commission received from USA shall be categorized under income from export of services.
It will be exempt from GST but you will have to comply with GST provisions of filing and LUT to claim this exemption.




Damini Agarwal
CA, Bangalore
407 Answers
31 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0



Gst would depend upon the nature of commission. Whether its ior sale of goods or services.


if its its for goods, its possible that there will not be any gst if certain conditions are met. If its for services, than more likely gst would be charged @18% 

Lakshita Bhandari
CA, Mumbai
5687 Answers
909 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Yes GST shall be applicable at 18%.


Hope you find the information helpful if you do please rate it 5 and provide your valuable feedback for my improvement.

Thank you

Naman Maloo
CA, Jaipur
4271 Answers
97 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Sir,


Hope you are doing well !!



-The commission income so earned is subjected to GST@18% and all the provisions of GST law is applicable accordingly.


-- You need to issue an invoice to the company. If they are paying you a fixed amount and not paying GST in addition, you simply need to do reverse calculation of GST according to the amount so received.


If you need any further assistance, please let me know.

Payal Chhajed
CA, Mumbai
5188 Answers
288 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0



Yes GST will be applicable @ 18 %.

Karishma Chhajer
CA, Jodhpur
2450 Answers
29 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0



Yes, GST would be applicable to the commission.

I hope this answer satisfies your requirements.



CA Hunny Badlani

Hunny Badlani
CA, Madhya Pradesh
2608 Answers
16 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Sir,


If you receive any commission from the foreign country than on that commission you have to pay 18% GST.




Thanks & Regards

Shiv Kumar Agarwal

Shiv Kumar Agarwal
CA, Delhi
489 Answers
74 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Chartered Accountant

Get tax answers from top-rated CAs in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a CA