Works contract tax

iam a proprietor with vat registered supplying for govt and private
i got 2 orders worth 4.3 lakh and 7 lakh in govt in defence
how much tax i have to pay on these works WCT
shall i apply for consolidated form vat 250 to pay tax @ 5% on the total value
or shall i continue with vat  
i do both the business wct and sales of goods means trading
pls suggest and i want to apply for import export license for expansion of my business
Asked 2 years ago in Income Tax from hyderabad, Telangana
At the time of registration you can mention both the activities. If you are already registered a trader you can make addition of works contract with the department in your license.

You need to maintain two different billing/invoice, seperate for WC and for trading.

For works contract you can straightaway pay 5% without taking input. and for trading ,from output tax collected deduct input vat and pay tax.
Shyam Sunder Modani
CA, Hyderabad
1408 Answers
5.0 on 5.0
  Talk to Shyam Sunder Modani
This is a question on VAT and not on Income Tax. 
B Vijaya Kumar
CA, Hyderabad
833 Answers
5.0 on 5.0
  Talk to B Vijaya Kumar
Excuse me we may not be able to offer our opinion on vat matters. 
Vijay N. Kale
CA, Hyderabad
248 Answers
4.9 on 5.0
  Talk to Vijay N. Kale

Ask a Question

Get tax advice from top-rated chartered accountants. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
Ask a question

Other questions asked by this user

Other Questions

Chartered Accountants

Lakshita Bhandari
CA, Mumbai
1247 Answers
5.0 on 5.0
Vivek Kumar Arora
CA, Delhi
516 Answers
5.0 on 5.0
Abhishek Dugar
CA, Mumbai
2650 Answers
5.0 on 5.0
Nikhil Khanna
CA, Mumbai
406 Answers
5.0 on 5.0
Sunny Thakral
CA, Delhi
224 Answers
5.0 on 5.0
Rohit R Sharma
CA, Mumbai
2055 Answers
5.0 on 5.0
Damini Agarwal
CA, Bengaluru
94 Answers
5.0 on 5.0
Brijendra Tripathi
CA, Gurgaon
83 Answers
5.0 on 5.0
Keerthiga Padmanabhan
CA, Greater Mumbai
784 Answers
5.0 on 5.0
Vidya Jain
CA, Kolkata
499 Answers
4.0 on 5.0