• E-Way Bill Export of Services

Hi, I do export of services and want to know if it is required to generate an E-way bill for export of services.
Asked 6 months ago in GST

No, you don't require e way bill for export of services 

Vidya Jain
CA, Kolkata
941 Answers
43 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

- E-way bill is not required for services. It is only required in case of goods. For export of services there are other conditions to be satisfied. You can export without payment of taxes subject to obtaining of LUT.

Vivek Kumar Arora
CA, Delhi
4079 Answers
346 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0



E-Way Bill is not required for the supply of services.

I hope this answer satisfies your requirements. 



CA Hunny Badlani

Hunny Badlani
CA, Madhya Pradesh
2555 Answers
9 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

No, e-way bills are not required for services.

Lakshita Bhandari
CA, Mumbai
5475 Answers
551 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0



No it is not required.

Karishma Chhajer
CA, Jodhpur
2391 Answers
22 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Sir,


Hope you are doing well !!


No, e-way bills are not required for supply of services.

Payal Chhajed
CA, Mumbai
5084 Answers
157 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


In case of export of service you need to raise invoice directly to your outside customer and receive the payment in convertible foreign exchange.

Eway bill is required in case of movement of goods only and in case of service there is no movement and hence no eway bill is required.

Hope i am able to solve your query

Do rate and comment if you like the consultation

Thanks & Regards

Shubham Bansal
CA, Amritsar
42 Answers
1 Consultation

5.0 on 5.0

E way bill is only for goods as such so service is no where covered.


Hope you find the information helpful if you do please rate it 5 and provide your valuable feedback for my improvement. You can even book phone consultation for further personal assistance.

Thank you.

Naman Maloo
CA, Jaipur
3798 Answers
45 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

E Way bill is not required for export of services.

Ruchi Goel Anchal
CA, Gurgaon
447 Answers
5 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Chartered Accountant

Get tax answers from top-rated CAs in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a CA