• TAN registration


Can you please check point 1(e) and 1(f)
from this link.

I am going to register a new TAN for my one and only Sole proprietorship firm. I have no TAN till now.

should I select 

(1e) Name - Individual/Hindu Undivided Family (Karta)

[If a Sole Proprietor/HUF wants to obtain a single TAN in his/her name for all businesses run by him/her/it, then he/she/it should fill name in this field.]


(1f) Branch of Individual Business(Sole Proprietorship concern)/ Hindu Undivided Family (Karta)

[In case an Individual/HUF wants to obtain separate TANs for different businesses being run by him/it, this category will be applicable. The name of the concern should be filled in the field for Name/Location of Branch.]

If I apply for 1(e) for my Sole proprietorship firm . is there any problem ?

Thank you
Asked 1 month ago in Income Tax

You will fill the form under 1(e).

1(f) clearly mention that if you want to apply different TAN for different business.

Ruchi Goel Anchal
CA, Gurgaon
457 Answers
5 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You should choose 1(e).

Lakshita Bhandari
CA, Mumbai
5514 Answers
594 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


You can apply under 1(e) category.


Best Regards

Vikram Aggarwal
CA, Gurgaon
46 Answers
6 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Sir,


Hope you are doing well !!


You should select 1(e). There won't be any problem.

Payal Chhajed
CA, Mumbai
5113 Answers
161 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The sole proprietor has to submit the details in 1(e) - the details should be submitted as per PAN of proprietor. The form shall be duly sealed and signed by the proprietor.


The A.O. for Kolkata with name starting with A having income more than 50 lakhs will be WBG-CT-161-1

Monika Athwani
CA, Raipur
2 Answers

Not rated

select option 1(e)

Vivek Kumar Arora
CA, Delhi
4135 Answers
365 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can fill 1(e) if you are not applying branch wise.

You can find the AO description from the ward/circle/range/commissioner details, if you know. You can know these details form the previous returns filed.

AO Code is a combination of Area Code, AO Type, Range Code and AO Number.

From the table and the info provided by you, TDS circle 1 seems to fit your criteria. Moreover, you can contact Income tax department on [deleted].



Siddharthh Jain
CA, Gurgaon
50 Answers
1 Consultation

5.0 on 5.0



You should go for option 1(e)

Karishma Chhajer
CA, Jodhpur
2423 Answers
26 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Chartered Accountant

Get tax answers from top-rated CAs in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a CA