• LLP agreement outside india

Hi I m an NrI and I’m supposed to take over as a legal heir in an LLP. How Can I sign the deed sitting in London as I canopy come to India.

Do partners need to sign in India on stamp paper and send me the documents for Apostile or notary will do. Or I can do it withou the same.

Please give me step wise solution.
Asked 12 days ago in Audit

- With letter of authority and partners resolution, you can appoint someone in India to sign all the documents on your behalf temporarily.

Vivek Kumar Arora
CA, Delhi
4135 Answers
365 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0



To initiate the process, the Indian partners should pay the appropriate stamp duty and procure a non-judicial stamp paper or an e-stamp paper for the LLP deed before executing the LLP deed in India or abroad.


You can sign the supplemental LLP deed in London and have it notarised and apostiled there. Once it is duly attested you can send the original deed to your partners in India for execution.  The Indian partners then will execute the LLP deed and have it notarised in India and submit the same with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs in India in prescribed form.


It is advisable to take a phone consultation for detailed discussion.



Payal Chhajed
CA, Mumbai
5113 Answers
161 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Chartered Accountant

Get tax answers from top-rated CAs in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a CA