• Capital gain of more than 50 lakhs

Dear sir, if the capital gain is more than 50 Lakhs, can I split the amount and Buy REC BONDS for 50 lakhs and balance to buy a residential property?
Asked 3 years ago in Capital Gains Tax from Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu
Yes you can split the same. It is possible for an assessee to avail exemption under more than one section in respect of Capital Gains arising on transfer of a capital asset. 
Shyam Sunder Modani
CA, Hyderabad
1408 Answers
95 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Yes you can invest Rs 50 lakhs in bonds u/s 54EC and balance gains in a residential property. 
Vijay N. Kale
CA, Hyderabad
248 Answers
12 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Yes you can do that

Ankit Jain
Ankit Jain
CA, New Delhi
32 Answers
3 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Chartered Accountant

Get tax answers from top-rated CAs in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a CA