• Closure of llp


I have a 8 years old company . For last 2 financial years there is no business transaction. 
In order to dissolve the Company need to get 

<<No Assets & No Liabilities >> certificate from Chartered Accountant.

Can you please tell me what are the documents, I need to provide to Chartered Accountant.
 to get the certificate.

Thank you
Asked 1 year ago in Corporate Tax

Hello Sir,


To obtain a "No Assets & No Liabilities" certificate from a Chartered Accountant.You typically need to submit the following documents:

  1. Incorporation Documents: These include the certificate of incorporation, MOA, and AOA.

  2. Financial Statements: Prepare financial statements, including the balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and cash flow statement, for the last two financial years, even if there were no business transactions.

  3. Bank Statements: Provide bank statements covering the relevant period for all company bank accounts to demonstrate the absence of financial activities.

  4. Tax Returns: Submit copies of the company's tax returns for the last two financial years, even if no taxes were payable, to show compliance with tax obligations.

  5. Shareholder and Director Resolutions: Draft resolutions signed by the shareholders and directors, expressing their agreement to dissolve the company and appointing the Chartered Accountant to issue the certificate. Document these resolutions in the company's minutes.

  6. Statutory Registers and Records: Ensure that all statutory registers and records, such as the register of members, register of directors, and minutes of meetings, are up to date and readily available for review.

Hope you find the information helpful. You are free to contact me for further discussion.If you could spare two minutes of your time to write a review, It would be really grateful and very happy to read it.


Thank you.

Shubham Goyal

Shubham Goyal
CA, Delhi
269 Answers
4 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

In order to get no asset liability certificate, there should not be any asset or liability outstanding in the balance sheet.

In case any asset is there, it has to be sold off and if any liability is there it has to be repaid.

Ruchi Goel Anchal
CA, Gurgaon
525 Answers
16 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Sir,


Hope you are doing well.


It is advisable to take a phone consultation for detail discussion.


We may assist you in entire procedure.




Payal Chhajed
CA, Mumbai
5188 Answers
293 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You need to provide last audited balance sheet and bank statement thereon. Last 2 financial statement if possible can be provided too. 

Vidya Jain
CA, Kolkata
1015 Answers
58 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Please provide latest itr filed, bank closing statement and form 8 latest filed.

Vishal Khandelwal
32 Answers

Not rated

Is it a LLP or Company?

Assuming it is a closure of LLP, following documents and details would be required for striking off name of Defunct LLP

1. Copy of Incorporation documents

2. Copy of Initial and supplementary LLP agreement

3. Form 8 and Form 11 for last two years

4. Affidavit from all DP

5. Copy of ITR filed for last two years

6. Financial statements for last two years

7. Bank statements

8. Copy of NOC from other regulatory authority if regulated by any other law


For detailed discussion you may opt for phone consultation



Vivek Kumar Arora
CA, Delhi
4885 Answers
1069 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

To obtain a "No Assets & No Liabilities" certificate from a Chartered Accountant for the purpose of dissolving your company, you will typically need to provide the following documents:

  1. Board Resolution: A resolution passed by the board of directors stating the intention to dissolve the company and authorizing the filing of necessary documents.

  2. Financial Statements: Financial statements for the last two financial years, including the balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and cash flow statement. These statements should clearly show that there are no assets and liabilities in the company.

  3. Bank Statements: Bank statements for the last two years to demonstrate that there have been no financial transactions or activities.

  4. Tax Returns: Copies of tax returns filed for the last two years, showing no taxable income or transactions.

  5. Statutory Registers: Any statutory registers maintained by the company, such as the register of members and register of directors, should be up to date.

  6. Company Records: All company records, including the Articles of Association, Memorandum of Association, and any other relevant documents.

  7. Audited Accounts: If the company was required to have its accounts audited, provide copies of the audited accounts for the last two financial years.

  8. Compliance Certificates: Any compliance certificates obtained during the existence of the company, such as tax compliance certificates or statutory compliance certificates.

  9. Application Letter: A formal application letter to the Chartered Accountant requesting the issuance of the "No Assets & No Liabilities" certificate, explaining the company's intention to dissolve and the reasons for seeking the certificate.

  10. Any other supporting documents: Additional documents or information that the Chartered Accountant may request to verify the status of the company and confirm that there are no assets or liabilities.

Deepak Rathore
CA, New Delhi
38 Answers
5 Consultations

4.3 on 5.0

Ask a Chartered Accountant

Get tax answers from top-rated CAs in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a CA