• ITR4 form on java utility

hi iam a contractual employee in echs and have a monthly consolidated contractual amount/emolument 60000 rs/month, my TDS is being deducted by employer @10% of monthly amount i.e. @ 6000 per month. my total earning for FY 15-16 is 582538 rs and total TDS deducted is 58254 rs. I have no any other income from any source. and i save 150000 rs in PPF u/s 80c. Now my question is while efiling form ITR4 for AY16-17 on Java utility, in which schedule i should fill my total income ?
Asked 2 years ago in Income Tax from shimla, Himachal Pradesh
Need to check.

You can do one thing that from the amount you received you can deduct expenditure like Rent etc and declare income and file taxes
Shyam Sunder Modani
CA, Hyderabad
1408 Answers
95 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You have to show this amount in income from business and profession/other sources based on the facts of your case.

You can get deduction of house rent under section 80GG. You can treat trasnport expense as your business expense.

Please feel free to call/revert in case of any doubts.

Thanks and Regards,
Abhishek Dugar
CA, CS, B.Com
Abhishek Dugar
CA, Mumbai
2929 Answers
123 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Sir,

You can fill up the income from Other sources sheet and fill in the amount received under Income.

You can also claim the expenses incurred like travel, mobile, etc.

House Rent can be claimed under section 80GGA subject to a maximum of Rs.2000/- pm.

Business & Profession will be too lenghty and tiresome for you, so preferably should be avoided.

I would suggest ITR -2 over ITR - 4.

Trust this clarifies your query. 

Feel free to call back/ get back in case of further clarifications. 

Thanking You. 

Rohit R Sharma
Rohit R Sharma
CA, Mumbai
2104 Answers
91 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Chartered Accountant

Get tax answers from top-rated CAs in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a CA