• Income tax query

sir i m central govt. employee i paid tax and return bhi file kiya hai 
refund tax bhe a/c me aa gaya hai
lakin audit team jab aayi to paya ki mere income me 10% furniture ke value add nahi ki gayi hai 
uska tax around 55 rupee hota hai jabki tax refund 6500 rupee tha.
so advise me what can i do
Asked 2 years ago in Income Tax from Jaipur, Rajasthan
you have to wait for the notice to file a revised return because once refund is received it is not possible to file a revised return.
Vijay N. Kale
CA, Hyderabad
248 Answers
12 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

In normal course, it may be ignored, as the tax impact is very less. If however, the department wishes to issue notice to rectify the order, you may agree for the addition with a request not to initiate penalty proceedings, as it is the responsibility of the employer to deduct tax properly and you relied upon the computation as made by the employer and the declarations filed by you to your employer were genuine and correct.
B Vijaya Kumar
CA, Hyderabad
833 Answers
46 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Agar aapko notice aayi hai to aap Rs.55 pe karke IT Department ko answer de dijiye.
Koi problem nahi hogi.

Agar notice nahi aayi aur IT officer ne bulaya hai tab jaake accept karke tax pe kar dijiye. koi penalty nahi lagegi kyon ki amount minimum hai.
Shyam Sunder Modani
CA, Hyderabad
1408 Answers
95 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Chartered Accountant

Get tax answers from top-rated CAs in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a CA