Service tax rate for tour guide company
hello experts, what will be the service tax rate change for tour guide company from 1 june 2015? kindly inform.
Asked 1 year ago in Service Tax from Jaipur, Rajasthan
How change in Service Tax rate should be tackled.
Please keep in mind the following and prepare yourself accordingly:
1. Service Provision is complete till 31.05.2015 and Invoice raised till 31.05.2015 but Payment received on or after 01.06.2015- 12.36% applicable.
2. Service complete till 31.05.2015, Invoice raised on or after 01.06.2015 but Payment is received till 31.05.2015 - 12.36%
3. Service Provision complete till 31.05.2015 and Invoice raised on or after 01.06.2015 and Payment also received after 01.06.2015- 14%
4. Invoice raised till 31.05.2015 in advance and some part of total consideration has been paid till 31.05.2015 but Service Provision is being done on or after 01.06.2015 -12.36% for such part payment, 14% for balance to be recd.
5. Entire consideration received till 31.05.2015 but no invoice raised till 31.05.2015 and no service provided -14%
6. Even if entire service has been provided on or after 01.06.2015 but both payment as well as invoicing has been done till 31.05.2015 then -12.36
Talk to Shiv Kumar Agarwal
5.0 on 5.0
The service tax rate has been changed from 12.36% to 14% w.e.f. 1st June 2015.
With regard to Tour operators, i presume that you are enquiring about the abatement. There is no change in the same and the relevant notification can be accessed at:-
Talk to B S Sridhar
5.0 on 5.0
There are three categories under your industry:
1) Service by a tour operator in relation to package tour - 3.50%
2) Service by a tour operator in relation to a tour if the tour operator is providing services of solely of arranging or booking of accommodation for any person. - 1.40%
3) Service provided by a tour operator other than the 2 type of services specified above. - 5.60%
Considering the above types you can charge the corresponding rate of Service tax applicable w.e.f from 1st June 2015.
Talk to Swapnil Patil
CA, Navi Mumbai
4.3 on 5.0
In your case it is not clear under category of abatement does your company fall. But still there is no change in the rate of Abatement w.e.f. 1st June 2015.
So you are eligible for the same rate of abatement but the Base Rate of Service Tax which is 12.36% now will be 14% from 1st June 2015. Hence you can calculate your corresponding abatement on Base rate of 14% from 01st June 2015.
CA Rohit R Sharma
Talk to Rohit R Sharma
5.0 on 5.0
14%. However, kindly provide more details of nature of service provided. Abatement if any applicable needs to be looked into.
Talk to Shashank Surana
4.3 on 5.0
services provided by a tour operator in relation to
1. a package tour - Taxable value 25% - effective rate of tax 3.5%
2. services solely of arranging or booking accommodation for any person in relation to a tour - taxable value 10% - effective tax rate 1.4%
3. services other than above - 4taxable value 40% - effective tax rate 5.6%
Talk to Kavit Dilip Gadhia
4.2 on 5.0