Service tax payment

I am having a sole proprietorship business. 3 years back excise was applicable in our industry. So we registered our self with excise department. Then after 2 years excise was removed. We surrendered our excise number. 

Excise department conducted an audit where they found every thing in order except non payment of service tax of Rs 2000 (in total with interest) for 2 years. 

Service tax was not applicable for sole proprietorship before excise was applicable. They showed the rule that excise registered party have to pay service tax in carriage inward under reverse mechanism.

I do not want to register with service tax department just to make one payment.
Is there any way to make payment without registering.

Please guide.
Thank you 
Asked 3 years ago in Service Tax from Kolkata, West Bengal
Dear Sir,

As per Reverse Charge Mechanism Service receiver is liable to pay Service tax department, accordingly you need to register with Service tax department also need to file Service tax return, along with application St-1 you can submit request letter to Service tax superintendent to avid penalty for non filing of St-3, I suggest you to add all RCM service tax categories in ST-1 application to avoid multiple amendments in the same.

Please get in touch with Service tax practitioner near by to your location.

CA, Mumbai
3 Answers
Not rated
  Talk to Satish
You will have to take service tax registration as service recipient. 
Swapnil Patil
CA, Navi Mumbai
29 Answers
4.3 on 5.0
  Talk to Swapnil Patil
No, You cannot make payment without registration. If you want to make the payment, you will have to take service tax registration.
Amit Mundhra
CA, Jaipur
3 Answers
Not rated
  Talk to Amit Mundhra

Ask a Question

Get tax advice from top-rated chartered accountants. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
Ask a question

Other Questions

Chartered Accountants

Lakshita Bhandari
CA, Mumbai
1051 Answers
5.0 on 5.0
Abhishek Dugar
CA, Mumbai
2470 Answers
5.0 on 5.0
Vivek Kumar Arora
CA, Delhi
340 Answers
5.0 on 5.0
Nikhil Khanna
CA, Mumbai
250 Answers
5.0 on 5.0
Rohit R Sharma
CA, Mumbai
2022 Answers
5.0 on 5.0
Keerthiga Padmanabhan
CA, Greater Mumbai
784 Answers
5.0 on 5.0
Brijendra Tripathi
CA, Gurgaon
82 Answers
5.0 on 5.0
Vidya Jain
CA, Kolkata
477 Answers
4.0 on 5.0
Pradeep Bhat
CA, Bengaluru
416 Answers
5.0 on 5.0
CA Sourabh Pahuja
CA, Delhi
45 Answers
5.0 on 5.0