• Complications in wrong entry of turnover in GST


I have made a clerical mistake in entering Turnover for previous year in gstr3b July. Instead of 1.49 crores i have entered it as 1.52 Crores. While going through your answer i understand it can't be corrected i have a following complications. Now as per the last finalized audit report my turnover is only 1.49 crores and i want to know is there any need to communicate with gst and correct my annual turnover of previous year. More over i want to know whether i will fall under now below 1.5 crores limit or not. I want to know if i will be eligible to get benefits which was offered in the last GST meet.  I am confused.  Can somebody please guide me on this mess up.
Asked 1 year ago in GST from Chennai, Tamil Nadu


Please write a mail to helpdesk@gst.gov.in regarding the issue , because this turnover decide quoting of HSN and filling of return and payment of taxes on quarterly basis, thus raise a complaint and request for modification of GSTR 1 of July month

Lalit Bansal
CA, Delhi
566 Answers
37 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can file the correct figure in GSTR-1 of July.

Regarding Turnover, let us wait for the notification to be issued.

Vidya Jain
CA, Kolkata
639 Answers
15 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

No sir,

You can not amend the same.

Vishrut Rajesh Shah
CA, Ahmedabad
631 Answers
13 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


You can contact the customer care department of the GST Department but I doubt if they will be in a position to bail you out.

But still nevertheless you can try.


Keerthiga Padmanabhan

M.Com., CA, LL.B

Keerthiga Padmanabhan
CA, Greater Mumbai
784 Answers
23 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can correct your turnover in the next GST return.

Please feel free to call/ revert in case you need more clarity.

Thanks and regards,

Abhishek Dugar


Abhishek Dugar
CA, Mumbai
3576 Answers
162 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Chartered Accountant

Get tax answers from top-rated CAs in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a CA