• October GSTR3B filed without ITC credit

Dear All,

   For october month, when I file my gst returns, I forgot to mention the eligible ITC, i have purchase bills amounting 4lac..As I have submitted the GSTR3B(not filed), is there any other options to adjust in the coming month or any other options?
Asked 12 months ago in GST from Tiruppur, Tamil Nadu
You can adjust in coming moth as well revise the return after filling. This optionhas been started.  
Vidya Jain
CA, Kolkata
630 Answers
15 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0


You can claim the ITC in the next month's return i.e. November.
Lakshita Bhandari
CA, Mumbai
2177 Answers
71 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Yes ,you can claim the unclaimed ITC in the next month.

Please feel free to call/ revert in case you need more clarity.

Thanks and regards
Abhishek Dugar
Abhishek Dugar
CA, Mumbai
3578 Answers
161 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

in case of submitted GSTR3B department giving option to reset the same , but if in any case this function not access able then you can use such ITC in against next month liability, ITC can be avail up to 20 October of Next financial year if any is still not claimed  
Lalit Bansal
CA, Delhi
559 Answers
37 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


You can claim the input tax credit in the next month but then you will have to pay taxes in the month you have forgotten to claim ITC.

Other option is to send an email to the department and ask them to make rectification to your form.

Trust this clarifies your query. 

Feel free to call / get back in case of further clarifications. 

Thanking You. 

Rohit R Sharma
Rohit R Sharma
CA, Mumbai
2104 Answers
91 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


Yes, you can adjust the credit while filing your returns for the month of November. But how did you file the Octobers return (by paying gst in cash ?)

Trust this clarifies.

Keerthiga Padmanabhan
M.Com., CA, LL.B
Keerthiga Padmanabhan
CA, Greater Mumbai
784 Answers
23 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Chartered Accountant

Get tax answers from top-rated CAs in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a CA