• SMS reg declaration of undeclared income

I have received an SMS from Income Tax department asking me to declare my undisclosed income and assets . They have provided a toll free number and and an address. I am a retired person with no income other than pension and interests from FDs. I regularly pay my tax and file returns in time.

Need I call the department or visit them with my documents ?

Or is this SMS sent by the department to assesees to encourage voluntary disclosure ?
Asked 1 year ago in Income Tax from Greater Mumbai, Maharashtra
Its an SMS sent by Assessee to encourage voluntary disclosure. No need to worry.

Thanks and Regards
Abhishek Dugar

Abhishek Dugar
CA, Mumbai
2774 Answers
112 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Sir this is a general message received by all the assessees since Governments Income disclosure scheme is going on.  No need to worry or call them. You can ignore the same.
Shyam Sunder Modani
CA, Hyderabad
1408 Answers
95 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hello Sir,

This is a General SMS, you may ignore the same unless you have some undisclosed income to be declared.

Trust this clarifies your query. 

Feel free to call back/ get back in case of further clarifications. 

Thanking You. 

Rohit R Sharma
Rohit R Sharma
CA, Mumbai
2089 Answers
90 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Income Tax department has come out with a scheme for assessee's who have past undisclosed income and assets to declare their undiclosed income and pay taxes .The scheme is valid upto 30th sept 2016.

In order to encourage tax payers to declare their income the government has been doing the publicity widely and aggressively and they must have sent you a general mail or sms .

As you have mentioned that you are a retired person and have regularly paid taxes , You need not worry sir, and further there is no need for you to visit or write to the department regarding the same.

Thanks & Regards

Ria Nagpal

Ria Nagpal
CA, Ahmedabad
46 Answers
3 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

the Income Tax department are sending sms to all the tax payer to encourage voluntary disclosure.
Vishakha Agarwal
CA, Bangalore
431 Answers
56 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Chartered Accountant

Get tax answers from top-rated CAs in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a CA