Sale of jewellery of marriage (tax planning)

Hi Sir,

My aunt did expired and now the jewellery (from marriage 1967) needs to be sold off. 
How tax liability can be avoided or reduced ? She used to file return within exemption limit.

Parag Agarwal
Asked 2 years ago in Income Tax from Delhi, Delhi
Hi Parag

In the present case you need to declare capital gains tax arrived after indexation as provided in The Income tax Act in case of sale of jewellery . Incase of further calculation please provide details on
Shyam Sunder Modani
CA, Hyderabad
1373 Answers
5.0 on 5.0
  Talk to Shyam Sunder Modani
Yes reinvestment option is available U/s.54 in case of sale of capital asset. The purchase of gold recently or otherwie will depend on the proofs you provide.
Shyam Sunder Modani
CA, Hyderabad
1373 Answers
5.0 on 5.0
  Talk to Shyam Sunder Modani
What is the evidence for purchase of jewelry and source of investment 5 or 7 years back.

Investment option u/s 54F is available. 

Vijay N. Kale
CA, Hyderabad
248 Answers
4.9 on 5.0
  Talk to Vijay N. Kale
You can invest in amount in a residential property or in NHAI bonds or construction of a residential property.
Shashank Surana
CA, Chennai
60 Answers
4.3 on 5.0
  Talk to Shashank Surana
Your Aunt has expired. How many legal heirs she has? If she has more than one legal heir, the answer would be different and tax planning would also be different. 
Sagar Jayawant
CA, Thane
27 Answers
5.0 on 5.0
  Talk to Sagar Jayawant

Ask a Question

Get tax advice from top-rated chartered accountants. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
Ask a question

Other Questions

Chartered Accountants

Lakshita Bhandari
CA, Mumbai
386 Answers
5.0 on 5.0
Abhishek Dugar
CA, Mumbai
1886 Answers
5.0 on 5.0
Rohit R Sharma
CA, Mumbai
1680 Answers
5.0 on 5.0
Keerthiga Padmanabhan
CA, Greater Mumbai
521 Answers
5.0 on 5.0
Lalit Bansal
CA, New Delhi
322 Answers
5.0 on 5.0
Vidya Jain
CA, Kolkata
346 Answers
4.0 on 5.0
Pradeep Bhat
CA, Bengaluru
353 Answers
5.0 on 5.0
Vishrut Rajesh Shah
CA, Ahmedabad
598 Answers
5.0 on 5.0
B Vijaya Kumar
CA, Hyderabad
633 Answers
5.0 on 5.0
Vishakha Agarwal
CA, Bangalore
404 Answers
5.0 on 5.0