• TDS not fully claimed

Hi all,

I filed my income tax return online with TDS refund status. I got the TDS refunded a month ago credited to my nominated bank account.
Yesterday I discovered that I missed to claim TDS deducted by one of my banks. Reason is, this TDS was not appearing on 26AS, as my PAN number is not with that bank, though the TDS is deducted and credited to income tax deptt, but with only my name and without PAN no.  
Could you please guide me, what should I do now? Should I refile the return? But the return is already settled by Income Tax Deptt.

Thanks for your kind advise on this,

Asked 3 years ago in Income Tax from Gurgaon, Haryana
Dear Ashish, 
This is a classic case of hardship faced by assessee due introduction of section 206AA. Before I can suggest any possible solution, please let me know 
1. Assessment Year
2. Date of filing return
3. Date of assessment completed and refund given.
4. Whether assessment was processed without caling you u/s 143(1)(a) or whether they had called you for the scrutiny.
5. Whether PAN existed but not given to bank or whether you took PAN after the deduction? 
6. Whether bank had asked for your PAN? Whether you had provided them at the time of filing up form of FD etc?

CA Sagar Jayawant
Sagar Jayawant
CA, Thane
27 Answers
7 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can file the revised return showing all the income and reclaim your TDS refund amout showing all the detail . You may receive the notice from the department  for this , however you can put all the facts before the department and then get the additional refund if any .
Prakash Sinha
CA, New Delhi Area, India
120 Answers
17 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Revise your return. Ensure the credit is now reflected. It will be reprocesed.
Shashank Surana
CA, Chennai
60 Answers
4 Consultations

4.3 on 5.0

You cannot file revised return online because intimation u/s 143 has been completed by CPC. Now collect your TDS
Certificate from bank and the prepare a return in hard copy including such income omitted earlier and file it in hard copy and pursue with department for action on assessment.
Vijay N. Kale
CA, Hyderabad
248 Answers
12 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

If you have already filed the return now you can file revise return. for the same first you need to approach the Banker and get your TDS details updated so that it will be reflected in your Form 26AS. Then after the same is done you can file your returns
Shyam Sunder Modani
CA, Hyderabad
1408 Answers
106 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can revise your income-tax return and claim the TDS. You can revise your return till the end of 2 years from the end of the financial year for which you filed your income. Example: income tax return for FY 2014-15 can be revised till 31 March 2017.
Rohit R Sharma
CA, Mumbai
2104 Answers
91 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Chartered Accountant

Get tax answers from top-rated CAs in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a CA